April 21, 2019
April 21, 2019 – The True Gospel
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Why is the resurrection of Christ so significant to the Christian religion? State some reasons as to why Christians can have confidence in the reality of the Resurrection? How does the resurrection of Christ impact your hope?
3. How would you describe Christ’s mission in coming to earth? What does the Bible have to say about the purpose for which Christ came? You may want to look at the following passages: John 6:38; Hebrews 10:7; 1 Timothy 1:15; John 18:37; John 6:51; Luke 4:18-19.
4. Describe the significance of Jesus’ self sacrifice (cf. Romans 6:10; Hebrews 10:14). In what way did He sacrifice? In what way does His sacrifice encourage you? In what ways are we called to sacrifice like Christ (cf. Philippians 2, etc.)?
5. What thoughts come to mind when you hear the word grace? Look up the word grace in a Bible dictionary. How might a biblical definition of grace differ from how our culture understands grace? In what way did God show grace to Noah, Mary the mother of Jesus and others (cf. Genesis 6:5; Luke 1:30; Romans 5:8)?
6. What does it mean to have peace? Describe the difference between having peace with God and having the peace of God (cf. Romans 5:1; Philippians 4:7). Do you consider yourself to be at peace with God? Why or why not? Describe a time when the peace of God surpassed your understanding.
7. Describe any significance that you might see in Paul mentioning the idea of God’s grace prior to speaking of God’s peace (cf. Galatians 1:3)? Why would God’s grace precede His peace? Do you agree with the statement that God’s grace and peace are foundational to the true Gospel? Explain.
8. List at least 5 observations from Galatians 1:4. How does this verse correspond with such passages as Galatians 2:20; Ephesians 5:2 Isaiah 53:3-6; Galatians 3:13; 4:14 and Job 19:25-27.
9. In what way does God deserve all the glory for the things in which He has done? If God deserves all the glory, and He does, how does this impact various forms of human pride? Take some time to glorify God for the wonderful things He has done in your life. Take time to thank God for the work of Christ on your behalf.