July 30, 2017
July 30, 2017 – The Righteous
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. The book of Psalms has been a favorite of many people over the centuries. Why do you think this book has been so influential? How has the Psalms aided you in your Christian life?
3. List two or three of your favorite Psalms. What is it about these Psalms that make them special to you?
4. Psalm 1 describes the type of person that is blessed. What does it mean to be blessed? What are some ways in which God blesses people who follow him?
5. According to Psalm 1:1, what are some things that a righteous person does not do? What are some ways in which we can guard ourselves from getting involved with these things?
6. What does it mean to meditate on Scripture? What are some ways in which we can discipline ourselves in Scripture meditation? Is it realistic to think that we can meditate on Scripture “day and night?” Explain.
7. What are some things in life that bring people delight? What does it mean to delight in the word of God? List some reasons that more people do not delight themselves or find joy in the word of God? What are some things that compete with our love for the word of God?
8. What kind of fruit does God expect or desire Christians to produce? How would you like to grow in this area of your life? In what areas do you think God wants his people to be successful? Explain.