June 11, 2017
June 11, 2017 – Glorifying God
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. According to The Westminster Shorter Catechism man’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. What are your thoughts on glorifying God and enjoying God?
3. What does it mean to glorify God?
4. Read Exodus 14:17. What are your thoughts on God getting glory through His wrath against the unregenerate?
5. Read Isaiah 44:6; 48:11-12. What are your thoughts on God’s inherent glory?
6. Read Exodus 3:12-15. What is God’s name? What does it mean for God to be the great I AM? What are some characteristics that make Him unique?
7. Read Psalm 29:1-2; 1 Chronicles 16:28-36. What is God’s ascribed glory? What kind of offering can we bring to God? How do we know if what we are bringing really Glorifies God?
8. According to Scripture there are many ways true believers can glorify God. Name a few ways from Sunday’s sermon that encouraged you? Are there any that were mentioned that you know you need to work on?