March 31, 2019
March 31, 2019 – The Supremacy of Christ
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Read John 3:1-36. Describe the relationship between 3:31-36 and the surrounding text. How does this passage build upon or compliment previous sections? How does this passage prepare the way for the following chapter?
3. What does it mean that Jesus has supremacy in all things? In what way does this relate to His authority? In what way does this relate to His quality or status of being? How does His supremacy provide us with confidence to trust Him?
4. List at least five ways in which Jesus is different from all other people? In what way does Jesus have a unique relationship with God the Father in comparison to other people? What kind of response does the supreme nature of Jesus Christ deserve from us?
5. Describe the knowledge of Jesus Christ. What is the difference between saying Jesus is knowledgeable and Jesus is knowledge? In what ways do we benefit from Christ’s knowledge? In what way does Jesus know the Father (cf. John 10:14)? How should Christ’s knowledge of us encourage us?
6. Read Hebrews 4:15. How is it that Jesus is able to sympathize with our weaknesses? What are some common weaknesses that He sympathizes with us in? In what ways have you experienced the comfort of Christ in your weaknesses?
7. What does it mean to testify about Christ? Describe how our words should testify about Christ? In what way do you need to improve your spoken testimony about Jesus Christ? In what way should our actions testify about Christ? Do you think your actions represent the supremacy of Christ? Why or why not?
8. Read Colossians 1:16-20 and Philippians 2:5-11. Describe the supreme authority of Jesus Christ. Why do you think that His authority over everything is not more apparent to us and others? In what areas do most people struggle with the idea of Jesus Christ having supremacy over all things?
9. Describe your understanding of eternal life? How do we know if we have eternal life? In what way does eternal life impact our lives upon earth? What does it mean that those who have rejected Christ have the wrath of God upon them?