May 6, 2018
May 6, 2018 – Let the Nations Be Glad!
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Define and explain the meaning and purpose of Christian missions. When people speak of missions, what usually comes to your mind? Describe some of the effective missions ministries you have experienced.
3. A key statement in the message was that missions exists because worship doesn’t. What are your thoughts about this statement? Do you believe that missions is second to the idea of worship? Why or why not?
4. Describe God’s concern for the nations; not just the Hebrews? How do passages like Genesis 12:1-3; 17:4-6 help us to understand God’s care for the nations? List other New Testament passages related to this topic (e.g., Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, etc.).
5. Consider the Great Commission stated in Matthew 28:18-20. How is the concept of the nations used here? Describe the heart of the Great Commission; what are some of the main principles? How is Macedonia doing with it’s responsibility of the Great Commission? What are you doing to fulfill the Great Commission?
6. What does it mean for God to make His face to shine upon us? How might this statement in Psalm 67 be related to Numbers 6:22-27? How does God make His light to shine on us?
7. Look at the following passages and describe some of the biblical and theological principles related to God’s light: 2 Corinthians 4:6; 1 John 1:5; John 12:46; 1 Peter 2:9; Philippians 2:15. How can we be used to share God’s light with those around us?
8. In general, describe some of the basic “ways” of God. What is the difficulty we face in knowing God’s way (cf. Psalm 14:2-3; Psalm 95:10; Isaiah 55:8-9)?
9. What did Jesus mean by stating that He is the way of God and what are the results of knowing Him (cf. John 14:6-7)? What are some options that the world promotes as “the way”?
10. Look back through Psalm 67 and describe some of the areas in which the writer reminds us that we are blessed by God? How specifically has God blessed you? List some of those blessings and praise God for His gracious acts in your life.
11. Knowing that God is gracious and has blessed us, describe some ways in which we should respond to Him. In what ways did the writer of Psalm 67 encourage us to respond to God?