October 8, 2017
October 8, 2017 – The Blessing of God’s King
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Read the following passages and list some of the common themes: Psalm 2:2; 18:3; 20:6; 18:50; 20:6, 9. List any other commonalities you notice between this Psalm and others.
3. Describe the main idea of Psalm 20:7. What are some things that challenge us in our trust of God? How can we overcome these challenges?
4. In vs. 7 the psalmist encourages us to “remember” the Lord. Read some of the following passages where this word occurs and describe what it means to “remember” God: Genesis 8:1; 19:29; 30:22; Deuteronomy 7:18; 8:18.
5. Describe a time in which you felt you were in the midst of trouble and the Lord rescued you. What did God teach you from this experience? How has God’s help with difficulties encouraged you to trust him more?
6. Read John 14:25 and Mark 13:11. Do you believe these passages are still applicable to Christians today? What principals can we take from these passages that will help us be faithful Christians?
7. Read 1 Samuel 15:1-22. What are some of the errors that Saul made? How did Samuel respond to Saul? What does this story tell us about God’s expectations?
8. Describe some of the ways in which we can sacrifice for God. What kind of sacrifices are pleasing to God (cf., Psalm 51:17; Romans 12:1-2)? Do you think God still wants us to sacrifice for him? Describe some ways in which you have sacrificed for God.
9: What does it mean for God to fulfill our desires (cf., vs 4)? What kind of desires does God fulfill (cf. Psalm 37:4)? How do we know if our desires are pleasing and acceptable to God?
10. Look back through Psalm 20 and point out some ways in which the writer is making reference to Christ. Describe how this psalm can be seen as a prayer to God through Christ. How is the faithfulness of God to Christ a blessing to us?