September 17, 2017
September 17, 2017 – True Righteousness
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Why do you think the Psalmist is asking the questions that he does in Psalm 15:1? Are these particular questions ones that we should consider asking as New Testament Christians? Why or why not?
3. Read Psalm 1, 2, and 14. What connections do you see between these psalms and Psalm 15?
4. What does it mean to abide or dwell with God? How might these words differ in concept with the idea of, say, living with God? Why do you think the Psalmist asked the former instead of the latter? Explain.
5. Why are certain characteristics such as integrity, righteousness and speaking the truth so important to the Christian life? In what ways can the possession or absence of these traits affect our witness and testimony? Explain.
6. What does it mean to slander another person? Have you ever been slandered against? How did that impact your life? Why is slander such a highly noted sin (cf. Psalm 101:5; Proverbs 10:18; Matthew 15:19; 2 Corinthians 12:20; Ephesians 4:31; Colossians 3:8)?
7. Why do you believe that God is so offended by people who do bad or cause shame to other people (cf. 15:3)? How should we deal with such people?
8. How are we to despise those who do evil (cf. 15:4)? How does the saying, “Hate the sin, but love the sinner?” compare with Scripture? Can we separate sinners from the sin they commit? Does God differentiate between them? Explain.
9: Have you ever kept an oath or a promise that cost you something? Did you find that even though it cost you, that God rewarded your faithfulness? Explain.
10. Describe how Psalm 15 encourages and challenges us in our attitude about money? Why do you think God blesses us financially? How can we use our financial blessings to help and bless others? Are you willing to do so?