September 30, 2018
September 30, 2018 – The Beauty of God’s Law (Pt 2)
Life Group Questions:
1. If you were unable to hear this week’s sermon, consider listening to it via our church website. What are some main ideas you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did this passage cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Read the following verses and describe what it means that God’s law is righteous: 7, 75, 123, 137. In what way should the righteousness of God’s law help us to respect the word of God? Why do you think that it is important to understand that God’s word is righteous?
3. In what way is the law of the Lord good (vs. 39)? Do you think that most people consider the word of God good? Explain. Describe some of the wonderful things that are disclosed to us by the word of God (vs. 129). Describe how and why the word of God is valuable to you (vs. 72).
4. Why is it important that we understand the trustworthiness and reliability of the word of God (vvs. 86, 89, 142, 151, 160)? Describe some times in your life when the faithfulness of God’s word helped and encouraged you.
5. In what way does the law of the Lord bless us (vvs. 1-2)? How have you used the word of God to bless others? Describe some specific times when the word of God blessed you. How has the word of God kept you from sin (vvs. 119:9,11; 19:13)?
6. What are some common misconceptions about how a person obtains wisdom? How does God’s wisdom differ from that of the world? Where does true wisdom come from (vvs. 98-104)?
7. If the word of God serves as a light to our path why do so many Christians struggle with choosing the correct path? What are some difficulties we face in trying to allow the word of God to direct our paths? Would you say you are directed by the word of God? Explain.
8. In what areas of God’s word do you struggle to observe and obey his commands? In what way might accountability with other Christians help us in our struggles to obey God’s word? If not already a part of your life, you should consider forming an accountability relationship with another Christian of the same gender.
9. What are some ways we might discipline ourselves to love, rejoice in, and regard the word of God more (vvs. 11, 14, 15, 20, 23, 24, 113, 174)? What does it mean to meditate on the word of God? How does meditation differ from simply reading the word?
10. How does genuine trust in the word of God manifest itself in our lives? In what areas do you need to grow in your trust of the word? What are some ways that we can grow in our trust of the word of God?